Public School No. 3

'An ornament to the eastern section of the city'

Male school, No. 3, Aisquith street. This school occupies a very pretty and well arranged building, erected for its accommodation, from a design by the late William F. Small, Esq., and which we have attempted to exhibit in the annexed plate. It is an ornament to the eastern section of the city, and deserves the attention of strangers. Number of pupils, 300.


Excerpted from John H.B. Latrobe, Jr., Picture of Baltimore (Baltimore, MD: Lucas Fielding, Jr., 1832), 217.

Access Information:

The Public School No. 3 site is currently occupied by the Pleasant View Gardens development, opened in 1998.

Street Address:

110 Aisquith St, Baltimore, MD 21202 [map]

Cite this Page:

John H.B. Latrobe, Jr., “Public School No. 3,” Battle of Baltimore, accessed December 17, 2018, http://www.battleofbaltimore.org/items/show/292.
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story