Second Presbyterian Church

Second Presbyterian Church. This is situated on Market street, east of Jones' Falls, and is a large and appropriate building. It was built in 1804, by Mr. George Milleman, the architect of the Court House. The pastorship is at present vacant.


Excerpted from John H.B. Latrobe, Jr., Picture of Baltimore (Baltimore, MD: Lucas Fielding, Jr., 1832), 136.

Images

Second Presbyterian Church

Second Presbyterian Church

A detail from Poppleton's 1822 map of Baltimore | Source: This plan of the city of Baltimore | Creator: Poppleton, Thomas H. View File Details Page

Access Information:

The 1804 church was razed in 1849. The parish moved to 4200 St. Paul Street in Guilford in 1924.

Street Address:

1101 E Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 [map]

Official Website:

http://secondpresby.org/about/our-history/

Cite this Page:

John H.B. Latrobe, Jr., “Second Presbyterian Church,” Battle of Baltimore, accessed July 15, 2018, http://www.battleofbaltimore.org/items/show/261.
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story