St. Patrick's Church. This church is erected on the west side of Market street, Fell's Point, at the corner of Bank street. It was erected in 1807, from a design of Thomas Conway and exhibits some pretensions to an imposing appearance, inasmuch as it "points its steeple upwards to the skies," and has a bold and forward looking pediment; all of which will more fully and at large appear, by reference to the adjoining plate ,in which we have endeavoured to mete out justice to the architectural beauties or pretensions of St. Patrick's church.-- The present pastor is the Rev. Nicholas Kearney, who resides in the presbytery adjoining it.
Excerpted from John H.B. Latrobe, Jr., Picture of Baltimore (Baltimore, MD: Lucas Fielding, Jr., 1832), 131-132.